JOB VACANCY - CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
County Waterford Festival of Food Company CLG. Chief Executive Officer Job Description
Reporting to the Board the Chief Executive Officer will have overall responsibility for the running of the West Waterford Festival of Food and all other operations of the company during the term of the contract.
West Waterford Festival of Food, one of Ireland's leading food festivals, is recruiting for a Chief Executive Officer. The position is part time overall, however it is a year-round role, with a stronger time commitment in the December to April period. The CEO will balance creativity with strong practical abilities in organising, budgeting, community networking, and leadership of a small team. For further details, please see below. Applications to include a CV and a statement of your vision for the festival in the future by email only by Tuesday 18th August 2020.
Any queries about the role may be sent to Enquiries Address
The Chief Executive Officer will take full responsibility for the financial management and development of the West Waterford Festival of Food, and see to the overall operations of the administration, creative and financial success of the festival. The Chief Executive Officer will pursue any ongoing food strategy work for the region as it comes up, including administration of competitions such as Foodie Destinations and the development and administration of Food the Waterford Way.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fundraising: Work closely with the executive committee, or a fundraising subcommittee of the board, to execute fundraising efforts that will include sponsorships, memberships, individual and business donations and advertising, ticketing etc. Working to agreed targets to ensure the development of the Festival.
Sponsorship Coordination: Research new sponsorship opportunities and negotiate with existing sponsors. See through the fulfilment of sponsorship agreements.
Grants: Source and apply for any available grants for West Waterford Festival of Food and any other grants pertaining to the development of Food the Waterford Way or any other food tourism initiatives.
Programme: The Chief Executive Officer will ensure that a full and attractive programme, adequately financed, is put in place to deliver a successful festival.
Insurance: Ensure that proper insurance cover is in place to cover all activities of the company. Ensure that all stall holders and other participants in the West Waterford Festival of Food have adequate insurance cover which includes an indemnity to the company.
Food the Waterford Way is a project under the umbrella of the Food Festival. It develops and supports those in the food industry including mentoring, marketing and tourism. The Festival CEO will help develop this strand of the festival’s operations
Human Resources: Recruit and manage staff, interns and volunteers as required for the festival itself and the festival office
Communications: Communicate with and motivate all stakeholders to successfully deliver the festival. Develop the necessary communication and publicity for the Festival
General: Run the festival office and liaise with involved organisations (Chamber of Commerce, Waterford City and County Council, EHO, Gardaí etc) in relation to insurance, traffic management plans, waste management plans etc.
Delegation: Some of these duties may be delegated to other staff members
Experience / skills required:
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent project coordination, time management and organisational skills with the ability to juggle and prioritise multiple projects
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Must be a self-starter – proactive and driven, with a strong work ethic, a high level of motivation, a strong sense of urgency when needed and to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and foster positive, productive relationships and teamwork amongst staff and volunteers
- Fundraising experience, including negotiating sponsorship deals and generating donations and sponsorships.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends on occasion, and have total availability in the run up to, and the weekend of, West Waterford Festival of Food April 2021
- Knowledge of computer packages MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media platforms Facebook and Twitter
- Good experience and knowledge of the food community
It is envisaged that the time commitment will equate to 50% of a fulltime position and the salary will be €25,000 per annum.